If you have any questions about the rules, if you came up with some great house rules or have anything else to share, please comment below of email me (email@example.com) and I will add them to the FAQ.
- Can Big Bertha aimat empty hexes?
No. Units can only aim at other units in the “declare attacks” phase, not hexes on the board.
- Can Big Bertha hit airplanes?
No. Big Bertha cannot attack or damage aircraft. Even if Big Bertha happens to hit a hex where there is an airplane, it cannot damage it.
- Does Big Bertha get combat experience if it randomly damages one of your own units?
Yes. If it damages a unit in combat it gets 1 combat experience, if it destroys a unit she gets 2.
- Can you shoot at your own/allied units?
No. You can only attack enemies. Only Big Bertha can randomly hit friendly units, but also has to aim at enemy units at declaration of attacks phase.
- Do units have to be placed in the river when they are placed on the board during game set up?
They may be placed in water, but they do not have to.
- Why does Austria-Hungary start with 3 war bonds?
Because their country-specific unit (Anti-Tank Gunners) costs less than those of the other parties (Big Bertha, Renault Ft-17, Mark I female).
- Does the Anti-Tank Gunner have combat advantage against Armored Cars?
No. Only against tanks (A7V, St. Chammon, Mark IV male, Mark I female, Renault Ft-17).
- Can the Minelayer lay more than 5 mines?
Yes, it can lay one mine every turn. However, more than 5 is very rare in practice, so only 5 mine markers are included. If you do need more, just use small pieces of paper as markers.
- Can you put 2 mines on one hex?
No. You cannot put 2 mine markers or 2 mines on one hex.
- Are air units affected by mines?
- How much experience does the Poison Gas Launcher get when it damages several units?
It gets 1 combat experience if it damages at least one unit and 2 if it destroys at least one. If it damages or destroys more, there is no extra combat experience.
- Does the Poison Gas Launcher fire back at multiple hexes?
No. If the Poison Gas Launcher is attacked by an enemy ground unit in close combat, it will fire back, but only at that one unit and not at any adjacent hexes.
- Can a troop transport truck unload units into a river/lake?
Yes, but only foot soldiers, i.e. units that could also move into a river by themselves. Remember: If the units are in the river, they may not attack or shoot back when attacked.
- Can the railway gun move to a meadow?
Yes. The railway gun has 0.5 movement points and can hence move to a road hex. Since there is a general rule that units can use their remaining last 0.5 movement points to move to a meadow, the railway gun could also move to a meadow hex.
- From which hexes can a foot soldier enter a fort?
From every hex adjacent to one of the two opposite entrances.
- Can the Troop Transport Truck move 3 or 4 hexes?
Errata: The Troop Transport Truck has 4 movement points (as indicated on the unit mat). There is a misprint on the miniature which only shows 3 movement points.
- Does entering a fort end the turn (or can you use it to short-cut movements)?
Yes. Entering a fort ends the turn for this unit.